Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion and experience in project planning, management; business planning, contract management and operational support/leadership to a variety of operational / development councils and teams within Banner Medical Group. As the Senior Operations Consultant you will be a part of the exciting growth in Banner Medical Group and Banner Health. Examples of projects: conversions of all fax machines to eFax; build and maintain leadership scorecards in Tableau; lead alternate workflow pilots on new locations, work with vendors on projects; support build outs of new clinics; partner regularly with D&C to identify budget requirements and help prepare business plans.
Banner Medical Group is a highly integrated medical group of choice. Your focus in this role is to partner, collaborate and prioritize with system, regional and local leaders to support standardize operating models, planning and execution of work activities to meet goals and objectives across our network of practices. Are you driven on working in a matrixed environment and can interface with leaders across the health system? Skilled with Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint? This role will allow you to work on the, operational initiatives, strategic imperatives and development projects and more. You will never worry about having that feeling of how can I grow and learn? You are partnered and engaged with a team that is looking to expand the future of Banner. We are looking to add to our operations/development team, which offers a tremendous amount of feedback, and makes work engaging for everyone. The team here is like family, they support each other and look out for each other. They promote a healthy work/home balance and good working environment.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is provides oversight, coordination and operational support to the operational councils across the delivery system (including Operations, Medical Executive and Clinical Quality) and is responsible responsible for the development and implementation related to the planning, management, and execution of multiple concurrent and interrelated projects. This includes partnering, collaborating, and prioritizing with system, regional, business entity and local (facility/physician practice) leaders to support the design of a standardized operational models, strategic planning and subsequent implementation and execution of the work activities to meet plan goals and objectives. Provides ongoing oversight to ensure adherence to delivery and production models and identification of continued enhancement opportunities for operations, workflow processes and clinical/business performance outcomes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. In concert with senior leadership, sponsors and committees, oversees and coordinates the operational councils (Operations, Medical Executive and Clinical Quality) and is responsible for overseeing multiple and interdependent projects to ensure that the organizational work environments and cultures support leaders, physicians and employees to excel in the performance of their roles, as well as support the financial, customer, operational, and learning components of the operations.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of key organization strategies and initiatives and ensures resources projects, and programs are aligned accordingly in a highly matrixed environment. Maintains key stakeholder involvement in development and sustainability of clinical, learning and business processes for the health system's and related operations.
3. Provides direction and oversight to corporate services functions to ensure operational needs are met, including but not limited to, implementation of a services delivery system intended to support Banner's population health management model by establishing and monitoring processes.
4. Evaluates and monitors performance effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements, evaluating available resources, and utilization of standardized project management tools. Utilizes performance measures and organizational needs to drive standardized operations, innovative plans and strategies. Provides leadership and oversight in the collection, review and analysis of data performed by other centralized/corporate functions. Also facilitates project committee closure, lesasons learned, and transitions process from project to production.
5. Supports acquisition and/or the ambulatory core team to adequately complete requisite work and documentation to assure successful transaction close. Assures successful affiliation of practice into the medical group by leading and/or facilitating, as appropriate, onsite assessments to determine operating, performance and compliance gaps within a practice/entity. Provides input based on assessment into the overall integration planning for newly acquired practices and/or the ambulatory work environments.
6. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, and/or teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization.
9. This position provides oversight to the inpatient BMG groups programs and projects and is responsible for the development and implementation related to the planning, management, coordination and execution of multiple concurrent and interrelated projects. Position maintains accountabilities toward achieving and maintaining system standardized operation practices, strategies, initiatives and operations as they relate to the operations across the delivery system. Problems are complex in nature, requiring an advanced understanding of business operations, collaboration, and measures. Establishes and promotes teamwork and collaboration between senior leaders, sponsors, individuals, departments, and the entire organization in the development of system-wide standards and targets. Customers are primarily internal (includes leaders and staff across the organization).
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/or healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field. Must also possess strong project management expertise, including the management of system-wide projects that are large scale and complex.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in a clinical care setting, including performing at a lead/consultative role within an integrated health care system setting, or large multi-operational corporate environment in complex industries similar to healthcare. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes in a highly matrixed setting. Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Skilled in building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; developing strong, enduring, and trusting relationships; fostering the development of cohesive teams; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context. Strong capability of pulling research materials along with strong technology expertise.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.