Vascular Ultrasound Technician Rotating Afternoons FT
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205000215
**Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus, based on the amount of relevant experience**
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision, performs noninvasive peripheral vascular imaging and Doppler procedures; interprets and reports preliminary results of peripheral vascular imaging procedures to aid in the diagnosis of arterial, venous and cerebral vascular disease and disorders in patients.
â�¢ Performs all types of arterial and venous examinations with noninvasive equipment for the purpose of aiding in diagnosis and evaluation of vascular disease in the head, abdomen, upper and lower extremities and anatomical and functional assessment as required (for example: Dialysis Access and Transcranial Doppler).
â�¢ Interprets and reports preliminary results of tests in patient's charts; confers with physician regarding test results as required.
â�¢ Evaluates and interprets vascular studies performed in laboratory, assessing the need for further testing. Performs additional tests as necessary and /or confers with supervisor to determine if additional testing is required.
â�¢ Participates in vascular research studies; gathers research data, conducts studies, analyzes and reports findings to principal investigator.
â�¢ Participates in teaching vascular procedures to residents, fellows and student technicians.
â�¢ Schedules patient tests and answers telephone as necessary.
â�¢ Operates, cleans and performs minor maintenance and repairs of testing equipment and machinery to maintain them in proper operating condition according to established standards.
â�¢ Inventories departmental supplies; orders and restocks supplies as needed.
â�¢ Participates in process improvement and quality improvement initiatives.
â�¢ Maintains a professional knowledge base through conference attendance and professional organizations.
1. Associate's degree in science or applied sciences from an accredited College or University, or equivalent, in order to be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system and to comprehend theoretical and conceptual basis of related test procedures.
2. Certification as a RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) or registry eligible. ARDMS is preferred. Registry-eligible candidates must be registered as a RVT or RVS within 12 months of hire.
3. Concentration in extra-cerebral and peripheral vascular strongly preferred.
4. BLS (Basic Life Support) Required
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to perform assigned clinical procedures recognize unusual symptoms or reactions and take appropriate action.
2. Visual, aural and perceptual acuity necessary to analyze variations in clinical findings, monitor data and recognize and measure variations in procedure results.
3. Mechanical skills necessary to perform minor maintenance, repair and calibration of diagnostic equipment.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with a variety of patients and hospital personnel in a sensitive patient care environment.
5. Skills necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
6. Knowledge of effects of vascular drugs and pathologies on procedure results
Job: Cath Lab
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.